This week, I flew back to Toronto as T gets ready to begin filming season 2 of his television show. After traveling almost every week since mid-March, I’ve become pretty obsessively organized when it comes to packing. I used to shove everything like my toiletries or makeup into Ziploc bags whenever I traveled, but now I use a bit sturdier bags that I can reuse over and over. Whether I am traveling to Toronto, New York City, London, Paris, or back to Los Angeles, I like knowing where everything is. It makes unpacking so much easier and finding certain toiletries right away much quicker. Here are the products I use:
1. Henri Bendel Jetsetter Large Dopp Kit – For long trips like my Europe trip or my Toronto trip (or important trips like NY Fashion Week or Toronto International Film Festival), this holds all my big bottles of shampoo, body wash, moisturizers, razor, and toothpaste.
2. West 57th Pill Box – Keeps all my medication together in one place so I know where to find them (also available in blue).
3. Disturbed Stripe Contact Lens Case – Perfect pouch to keep my contact lens case and a mini contact solution bottle.
4. Fig Travel Candle – I don’t really like the smell of hotels, so I always like to bring a travel candle to make it feel more homey.
5. Ted Baker Toiletry Bag – Even though it’s a toiletry bag, my favorite Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette doesn’t fit in a regular makeup bag so I use this bag instead as my makeup bag (also available in floral).
6. Business Card Case – Since I usually schedule business meetings when I travel (or you never know who you are going to meet), I always make sure to bring my business cards.
7. Ted Baker Bow Makeup Bag – Even though it’s a makeup bag, I use this bag to hold all my bobby pins, hair ties, hairspray, etc.
Very nice organizing ideas, I will be traveling a lot on my new job, so I guess I will have to just level up my game when it comes to flying. How many flights did it took you to achieve this organizing perfection?