As we transition into fall/winter, not only does my closet get a facelift but so does my beauty box. I love trying new things (after thoroughly inspecting the ingredients to make sure I am not allergic to anything else), and while visiting home in California this week I decided to do a mini beauty splurge.
1. GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment – It’s coming. The harsh, cold winter air is coming. So when I first saw a trial gift box from GlamGlow at Sephora, I decided to give it a try. BEST DECISION. I use this treatment as my nighttime moisturizer while I sleep. I wake up with the most refreshed and rejuvenated skin! My face will certainly appreciate this when it is 40 degrees below in Toronto again.. (included in gift box).
2. GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment – This mask does exactly what it says it does – it helps clear out pores and helps with discoloration (my skin can be uneven in some spots and yes I do have large pores around my nose). It mask while on your face is a greenish blue and the charcoal helps bring out those troublesome spots (included in gift box).
3. GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment – This mask is great for when your skin needs a little extra TLC, especially if you develop dry skin in the winter months. It exfoliates away dead skin cells and tightens pores, leaving your skin feeling like it’s been reborn (included in gift box).
4. Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette – I actually got this palette just before I left for Ireland/London/NYFW, but I still consider that recent! I love the cool nude hues in this palette, since I like to keep my eyeshadow colors as natural as possible.
5. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil – For the winter, I want the lightest finishing powder possible so I turn to Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. I discovered this powder back when I was Miss New Jersey Teen USA (seven years ago!) and it’s still just as incredible as it was then! (Tip: I would advise AGAINST the shimmering mineral veil unless your goal is to look like Edward Cullen in the sun).
6. Bare Minerals Faux Tan Face – While in scorching hot, sunny California this week I knew my body would get tan but my face NEVER tans. So I fake it with this gradual face tanner to keep my skin even.
7. Narciso Rodriguez Exclusive Perfume – I spotted this while browsing Bloomingdale’s last week. I spritzed some on my wrist and walked away, to see if I still liked the scent an hour later. 20 minutes later I came running back to the fragrance counter and got the small bottle (yep, I spritzed and I liked it!). It’s a beautiful musky, feminine scent. This perfume is only available at Bloomingdale’s.
8. YSL Pure Colour Satiny Radiance Lipstick – I recently ran out of red lipstick (insert panic emoji) and after a disaster with one brand of red lipstick at NYFW, I knew I could trust YSL with a matte red lip. YSL did not disappoint.
9. Kate Somerville IllumiKate Eye Concealing Cream – I have talked about INCREDIBLE under-eye concealers before, but I think I just found the Holy Grail of eye concealers. Part eye cream, part concealer, this kept my natural Scandinavian dark under eye circles completely covered and it looked the most natural. It really blends in well with my skin so much that I could not tell I had concealer on at all. A++++!